Post Visit Activities
- Contained in this packet: Letter to a Friend, Which Witch . . . , Condemned Scramble, Dungeon Checklist, Dungeon Rhyme, and Acrostic Poem
- Contained in this packet: Witch Obituaries, Letters from the Lock-Up, Outlining, Editor's Quandry, Poetry, and The Price of Freedom.
- The second half of the Plaque Activity.
- Contained in this packet: Mary Esty, Trials of the Centuries, Dungeon Description, Journalism in the Jailhouse, A Bill of Rights for Witches?, Math Muddle.
- The second half of the KWL and Cause and Effects Activity.
- Read and discuss the play The Crucible.
- An internet search for the phrase "Salem Witch Trials" will lead to a variety of interesting locations.
- The activity The Price of Freedom can easily be presented as a spread sheet exercise where constant formOLas respond to varying data input.
- Using the Annotated List of Those Condemned contained in your teacher packet, the class can build a data base incorporating such fields as "Age" "Execution Date", and "Hometown" - additionai research may be required. Students may want to include additional fields not included in the list.